Terms and Conditions
By making a reservation you are entering into a rental contract with Reunion Vacation Homes, and therefore agree to and are bound by Reunion Vacation Homes terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions of Rental
• I must notify Reunion Vacation Homes within one (1) hour of arrival if there is already any damage or notable conditions.
• I understand that I am responsible for the cost of any damages sustained to the property, decor or its contents during the stay; this includes the moving of items to another property, for breakages or for any excessive cleaning charges incurred during my stay. I also understand that smoking and pets are not permitted in the property, and any failure to adhere to this will result in a minimum $500.00 penalty charge.
Reservation Acceptance & Payment
• If more than 45 days before scheduled arrival, a 20% deposit is required.
• The final payment is due 45 days before your arrival. The final payment will be billed to your credit card on file unless other payment arrangements have been made. The Guest agrees that payment of the rental deposit sum to Reunion Vacation Homes will signify their full acceptance of these terms and conditions of rental.
"Last Minute" Reservations
In order to protect against the use of stolen credit cards or credit card fraud the following will be required for reservations made within 10 days of arrival, these precautions may also be requested for any reservation regardless of the processed date. Guests arriving within 10 days of the process date may be required to check-in at the Reunion Vacation Homes office during office hours.
- The reservation must be in the same name as the name on the credit or debit card used for payment.
- The Credit or Debit Card used may be required to be shown at check-in.
- A copy of a valid driver’s license or passport will be required.
The name on all documents must match (Name of Lead Guest on reservation making payment, Name on Credit/Debit card used, Name on Photo I.D.
Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW)
There is an accidental damage waiver fee (non refundable) for each reservation that will cover reported accidental or inadvertent damages - these must be reported immediately (within 24 hours) to Reunion Vacation Homes to be covered. The damage waiver will become void upon departure, any un reported damage found by Reunion Vacation Homes will be the sole responsibility of the guest who incurred the damage. The value of the damage waived is up to $1,000 for condominium and Town Home properties and $1,500 for homes. Intentional damage, theft or gross negligence is not covered and will result in additional costs to the guest. The plan is provided and administrated by Reunion Vacation Homes and is not an insurance policy.
Optional Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is available at 6.95% of your total and offered through CSA Travel Protection. Travel Insurance must be purchased prior to your 45 day final payment. Reunion Vacation Homes recommends guests purchase trip insurance if concerned about possible interruption or cancellation of trip. Trip Insurance payment is taken at the time the reservation is processed. For travel insurance coverage information please contact Reunion Vacation Homes.
Reunion Vacation Homes does not offer refunds or reschedule trips due to hurricane activity. If you are concerned about possible interruption, cancellation or delayed travel due to tropical occurrences, you are strongly encouraged to purchase the optional trip insurance at the time of booking. Trip insurance is charged at 6.95% of your reservation total, and offers a comprehensive cancellation and interruptions policy which can protect you not only in event of weather related storms, but sudden emergencies as well. The peak season for tropical activity is August through October.
Reservation General Terms & Conditions
• All properties are strictly non-smoking in or near the property. Absolutely no pets are allowed and only seeing eye dogs. Failure to comply with this will result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund and the loss of your security deposit or a charge to your credit card if no security deposit is in place to cover deep cleaning costs.
• The Guest making the reservation must be 25 years of age or older and must occupy the rental property the entire term of the reservation.
The owner of rental properties may maintain a locked area (such as closets, safes and garages) in each property for the storage of their personal belongings. These locked areas are not intended for guests use and will not be accessible.
• By state law, occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each rental property. Maximum occupancy excludes children under three years of age. Only persons listed above in this Rental Agreement are permitted to stay in the rental property.
• The reservation is accepted & confirmed only for the number of guests declared on the original enquiry and/or listed on the Rental Agreement. Reunion Vacation Homes reserve the right to cancel the reservation if additional guests are added without prior consent.
• The Guest agrees the rental period will begin and end on the dates as shown on the Rental Agreement. Failure to abide by these rules will render your reservation void and all monies will be forfeited.
• Pools are used at guests’ own risk. Under 18’s must be accompanied at the pools. The safety fence (if installed) must be used at all times.
• If the owner has provided a complementary BBQ grill free of charge, be aware that you are using it at your own risk. Guests will be held responsible for any damage caused by use or misuse of the BBQ. Only use the BBQ in open, outdoor areas. The BBQ must not to be used in any enclosed areas. Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure. It is the guest’s responsibility to clean and maintain the barbeque and replenish Propane as required. There will be a minimum cleaning charge of $50 if the BBQ needs professional cleaning to enable use by the next guest. Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner do not accept liability for BBQ equipment failure.
• Games, toys, baby furniture/equipment are used at guests’ own risk. Young children must be supervised at all times.
• RV Campers, enclosed trailers / tent are not allowed on or near the property.
• Reunion Vacation Homes or its representatives may enter the Property at any time, without notice, for the purpose of protection and/or maintenance of the Property. Whenever possible, Reunion Vacation Homes will provide notice to the Guests prior to such entrance.
• The Guest agrees not to bring onto the property pesticides, bleach, sanitizers or air fragrances.
• The rental property is not to be used to host parties or social/group gatherings. Only guests whose names are on the Rental Agreement are authorized to stay in the property. Any guest having a party or social/group gathering in the rental property or exceeding the numbers of authorized guests will be evicted without refund.
• No drug use in or near the property, Guests are not allowed to use the property for any immoral or unlawful purpose. Any guest who violates any law or ordnance will immediately terminate occupancy without a refund.
• Quite time is strictly 11:00 pm onwards: guests who do not comply and disrupt the peace and quiet will be required to vacate the property without refund.
• This Rental Agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet. No locks must be broken changed or added; no property keys must be duplicated.
• The property must not be used for amateur or professional video without prior written consent from the owner.
• We cannot accept any responsibility for your personal safety during your vacation. You are reminded to exercise care as to your personal safety and the safety of your companions. Use of the pool and any community pool, tennis court and recreation area is entirely at your own risk. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and around the pool areas. For the safety of children, doors that have direct access to the pool may be alarmed. Tampering or disconnection of these devices is a criminal offense. Alternatively the property may have a removable pool safety fence located around the pool area. If this pool safety fence is removed during your stay at the home, you will assume full responsibility for any and all use of the pool and spa.
• Pool heaters operate on a timer and are set to come in the morning and go off in the evening, there will be some cooling off overnight when the air temperature drops. In the coldest winter months heating the pool can be a problem, with the water temperature dropping down overnight. Florida has a temperate climate but cold fronts can bring overnight low temperatures in the 30's and 40's - these can last for several days. Unfortunately under these circumstances there is no way the pool heater will be able to keep the water to around 84 degrees. Especially where pool heat is provided via an electrical heat pump, if the outside air temperature drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Electric heating pumps do not operate effectively below this temperature, and failure of such devices to heat the pool to the desired temperature is outside of the Company’s control, and is regarded as an act of nature. Please note that cold weather does NOT constitute a mechanical failure and no refunds will be given for problems that are due to cold weather.
• All trash/garbage must be put out for collection by the sidewalk early on the Monday & Thursday. Excess trash/garbage left on your departure is not acceptable. Failure to comply could result in retention of deposit.
• All descriptions given on the websites are made in good faith and the owners accept no liability whatsoever for errors or omissions.
• The Guest agrees to abide by all Reunion Resort association rules.
• Failure to comply with any of the terms herein will, at the sole discretion of Reunion Vacation Homes, result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund.
• Should you experience any problems with the rental property during your stay, contact Reunion Vacation Homes who will make efforts to rectify the matter. Do not attempt to contact the owners or the staff of Reunion Resort. Should a problem remain unresolved, you are asked to notify us in writing within 7 days of vacating the rental property. No action can be taken or liability accepted for any complaints received after this period.
• Reunion Vacation Homes reserves the right to cancel any reservation made as a result of an error, omission or other unforeseen circumstances. This includes verbal, written or website errors which may affect the price, availability or type of property rented.
• Check-in time is after 4:00 pm and check-out is before 10:00 am.
• Early check-ins or late check-outs can be requested for an additional charge. All early check-ins or late check-outs are subject to no other reservations in the property at the time of your arrival/departure. As such, these will be tentatively booked, and confirmed only within the last 72 hours prior to your arrival. It is the guest's responsibility to contact Reunion Vacation Homes within 72 hours of arrival to confirm availability. In the event a Guest fails to depart from the rental property by 10:00 am with no late check-out arranged and results in Reunion Vacation Homes being unable to clean and prepare the property for the next arriving Guest that day, the departing Guest agrees to pay damages and costs incurred by Reunion Vacation Homes; including but not limited to moving the incoming Guest to another rental property.
• The property will have an Electronic Lock. The code will be sent upon receipt of final payment and a signed rental agreement.
All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following penalty percentages of the total rental fee:
• 20% from initial date of booking up to 45 days prior to the arrival date (the rental deposit is non-refundable).
• 50% if less than 45 days prior to the arrival date.
• 75% if less than 30 days prior to the arrival date.
• 100% if less than 15 days prior to the arrival date.
You are reserving a specific property for specific dates. The dates and the property cannot be changed, doing so would effectively be cancelling the original reservation, and so the cancellation policy would apply.
If the length of stay is reduced from the original dates, the cancellation policy will apply to the nights that have been cancelled.
Cancellation of the arrangement due to non-payment of the balance by the due date will result in a loss of all monies. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
Please consider the optional Travel Insurance to protect against unforeseen cancellations.
Basis of Rental
• Each rental property comes complete with a fully equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, freezer, oven, range, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, blender, cookware, dishes, glasses, and utensils. Each Property also includes a full size washer and dryer, iron, and ironing board. In addition to this, rental properties come with linens and towels.
• While we try to provide each Guest with everything they will need, there are some items that are not provided in the rental properties. While bath and hand towels are provided, you may want to bring your own beach towels and washcloths, as these are not always supplied in the property. Vacation rental properties are “self catering” accommodations. Reunion Vacation Homes provides complimentary starter soap, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the Guest’s responsibility to replenish them.
• Reunion Vacation Homes is an independent property management company that manages privately owned individual rental properties located within resort communities. Reunion Vacation Homes cannot and therefore does not guarantee access to any resort amenities such as, but not limited to, swimming pools, golf courses, fitness rooms, tennis courts & restaurants. The guest acknowledges that Reunion Vacation Homes is not liable if access to any such resort amenities is restricted due to maintenance, resort policies or any other reason.
Limitation of Liability
• Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and/or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify Reunion Vacation Homes within one working day, such that Reunion Vacation Homes may elect to rectify the failure.
• Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the rental period. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise the appropriate authority first, and then contact Reunion Vacation Homes to report the lost or stolen items.
• Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the rental period.
• Reunion Vacation Homes and/or the Owner accept no liability for restricted access or no access to any resort amenities during the rental period.
• The Guests understand that there is no lifeguard on duty and it is a major condition of this reservation that the use of the rental property and pool is entirely at the guest’s risk. Diving, horseplay or running around the pool area is prohibited; no child in the party or adult non-swimmer will use the pool without adequate adult supervision by a strong swimmer. The guest must immediately report any problems with the pool alarms or pool safety fencing. All guests understand and agree that neither the property owner nor property manager can accept responsibility whatsoever in case of accident or illness whilst on the property. Any disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively via binding arbitration according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association for commercial disputes in Osceola County, Florida, applying Florida law. Each party shall pay their own attorney Fees/costs and, the State of Florida shall have exclusive personal and in rem jurisdiction over any dispute.
• Reunion Vacation Homes do not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force majeure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest.
• We cannot accept any liability for the failure of public supplies such as water, electricity or gas supplies. Nor for the consequences of the actions or omissions of persons who may supply or control main services, or any action taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority or persons over which we have is no control. We cannot accept any liability for the air conditioning system, telephone, internet or the pool heater or any household appliance breaking down. Urgent steps will be taken for a local engineer to rectify any problem.
• We accept no responsibility of liability for any loss or damage or alteration in the terms of your reservation caused by events beyond our control, including, but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations airport closure, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood or industrial dispute. There will be no credit given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason and no credit given for cancellation due to weather conditions.
• There may be circumstances beyond our control and contemplation, in which the property might not be available for your reservation. Examples of these, but are not limited to, destruction of property, sale of property, water, gas or sewer leaks, fire or any other damage to the property making it inhabitable or potentially inhabitable. In the event of Force Majeure, Reunion Vacation Homes will do their best to make alternative arrangements for the guest whenever possible. If we are unable to do so or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to you, then we will refund all monies paid. If the guest accepts the alternative accommodation, they agree to re-locate back to the original property when it is deemed available by Reunion Vacation Homes. This will be the full extent of our liability to you and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
Personal Items Left Behind
In the event a guest may have left a personal item behind in the vacation rental property, we will do our best to locate it, however, the owner and the management company are not responsible for any losses. If the item is found, the guest will be advised and given the contact details of a local company which specializes in collecting & mailing package deliveries. The guest will be responsible for arranging collection and any cost incurred.